I love overnight oats for breakfast!! They are easy, healthy & the flavor combinations are basically endless. As you can probably tell from the name, you make them the night before & in the morning you just grab and go! It’s a perfect way to get a healthy breakfast without much time.
Overnight oats are an ideal breakfast, depending on how you make them, because they cover all the macros: protien, carbs & fat. Oats are a great slow digesting carb, so they won’t spike your blood sugar & they can power you thru a workout or a long morning at work. I add protein powder to give the breakfast a boost and stay full longer. With the nut milk you get some good healthy fats and of course you can also add a drizzle of nut butter.
Green Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup gluten free oatmeal
- 1 scoop Quest protien powder
- 1 scoop Natural Citizen Organic Greens (use SWEETBLONDE for $10 off)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 3/4 cup unsweetened nut milk (my fav is Silk Almond or Cashew milk)
- 1/4 cup blueberries – fresh or frozen
- Add all dry ingredients in a portable container. My favorite is a mason jar, easy to carry & cute!
- Mix dry ingredients together till mixed well
- Add almond milk & mix well
- Top with fresh or frozen blueberries.
- Close container and store in fridge overnight.
- Enjoy next morning!!!
Looking for more recipe inspiration? Try this: Cinnamon Apple Crisp Overnight Oats.