This recipe could not be any easier, or more delicious!This is a wonderful weekend breakfast (try it this weekend!) or it can be made ahead of time meal prep style. This protein french toast is gonna be your new favorite breakfast!
I love this recipe, I have eaten this protein french toast before long runs, as a fun breakfast and for lunch too, so it works for any time of day 🙂
Runners: this is the perfect pre-race meal!!!
When I found out I was allergic to gluten, I thought my days of eating french toast were over… but they are not! If you find a really good gluten free bread, you may not even know this french toast is gluten free! (I LOVE Canyon Gluten Free Bakehouse bread, it’s so soft & yummy. Link below to find @ store near you)
The other fun part is there are so many ways to change up this recipe. You can change the flavor of protein powder, play around with the toppings and type of bread. The sky is the limit! Be sure you include some sort of nut butter though… I mean you don’t have to, but why wouldn’t you!
Vanilla Cinnamon Protein French Toast
- 1/2 Cup Liquid egg whites (4 egg whites)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Slices cinnamon raisin gluten free bread (I used Canyon Gluten Free)
- Fresh or frozen strawberries – if frozen let them thaw first
- 1-2 Tsp nut butter of choice (optional)
- In a bowl, stir together the egg whites, cinnamon, protein powder, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
- Place the bread in the egg mixture and let soak for ~3 minutes. Flip and let the bread soak another ~3 minutes.
- Once the bread is ready, spray a griddle (or large pan) with cooking spray and heat to medium heat.
- Cook the bread until lightly golden brown on each side, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon, some fresh or frozen strawberries and some nut butter of choice.