It’s no secret that I love protein pancakes!! Since we’re in the middle of pumpkin season, I decided I should try to make a pumpkin version of protein pancakes. They did not disappoint!! These pancakes are super easy to whip up and taste like fall. The ingredient list is short and they’ll keep you feeling full till lunch.
Funny: Trying saying ‘pumpkin protein pancakes’ three times fast, haha! It’s a little bit of a tongue twister. 🙂
I’ve shared a few of my favorite protein pancakes recipes on here before. My go-to recipe has only 6 ingredients and the serving size is huge which is always a major plus. I modified it to to be pumpkin spice + everything nice.
These pancakes are gluten free and can be dairy free if you use a vegan protein powder. I personally love to use the Quest protein powder as it rises really well and makes fluffy pancakes.
What are you waiting for? Grab a healthy pumpkin spice latte & let’s get cookin’!
Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
- 1 scoop Quest protein powder
- 2 tablespoons flax meal (ground flax seed)
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin
- Using a small blender like the NutriBullet, Blend all of the dry ingredients (the first 4 in ingredient list) until the oats are a flour consistency.
- Transfer this dry mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the non-dairy milk and the pumpkin. If the mix is really thick, add in a few tablespoons of water until it reaches desired consistency.
- Cook in skillet like regular pancakes! It makes ~4-6 pancakes, sometimes more, depending on size of pancakes you make.
TIP: if you want to prepare these ahead of time, meal prep style, you totally can. Prep, cook and refrigerate. When it comes to reheating, if you have access to a toaster, toast the pancakes one at a time like a piece of bread. So YUMMY! Otherwise, microwave and consume 😀