Disclaimer: I received a Amphipod Handheld to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
If you have been reading my blog for sometime, you know that somehow I managed to survive half marathon training last summer without a good hydration strategy. I tried a hydration belt & didn’t like the bounce. I desperately wanted to use a handheld water bottle, but I didn’t like the feel for long distances. This winter, I found hydration packs, which I love; however sometimes you don’t need a pack, but you still want to bring water on your runs. Enter Amphipod Hydraform – the first handheld that I love!
How I use it
I have taken this water bottle with me on short 3 mile runs, middle distance 5 to 7 mile runs, and I even ran a half marathon with it!
Why I’m in love!
- Extremely comfortable to hold & run with
- Insulated sleeve, keeps water colder longer
- Huge, expandable pocket to hold phone and other running necessities
- Squeeze & squirt cap makes for easy drinking while running! No need to open or close the bottle to get a drink.
- Very easy to carry despite size & storage. Holds 20oz of H20!
- BPA free bottle (no chemicals leaching into water)
- Dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- Wide opening on bottle for easy filling + adding ice
- Lots of storage!
- BONUS: they are made in Seattle!!!
Hands down, this is the best handheld water bottle I have ever used. There is enough room for storage & plenty of water.
Where to Buy
Amphipod makes several different sizes of handheld water bottles. The one that I have is the Hydraform Ergo-Lite Ultra. It holds 20oz of water and has the extra large pocket. They also make a 16oz bottle – the pocket is still supposed to be able to hold a iPhone 6.