In honor of Halloween being on Friday, I am sharing healthy recipes every day on my blog this week!!!
Whether you have a sweet tooth or not, Halloween is the kick off to the “holiday season” where there is lots of food and lots of desserts, candies and cookies.
There is no better way to combat these tempting things than to make your own fun treats! It’s much more rewarding to experiment with a new recipe and then enjoy the fruit of your work. It makes it more special and you can also indulge in chocolate and other sweets knowing that they are better for you because they don’t have all the additives and chemicals of the treats you find on store shelves!
Today we make:
PUMPKIN Protein Balls
This recipe features Quest Protein Bars !!!
Have you tried Quest Bars before?
They are some of the best protein bars out there are far as amount of protein and ingredients. They are not loaded with a bunch of crap! Click on the image below to read more!
My favorite flavors of quest bars are white chocolate raspberry, double chocolate chunk, cookies and cream, choc chip cookie dough and cinnamon roll! MMM!
Gluten free oats, pumpkin puree, unsweetened almond milk, vanilla extract, 2 Cinnamon Roll Quest Protein Bars and maple syrup.
In a separate bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats, 1/4 cup pumpkin puree, 2 tbs maple syrup and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
Combine with protein bar/milk mixture. Stir together well.
Roll into balls. Place on parchment paper on baking sheet.
Bake in oven or toaster oven @ 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Here is the finished product!
These are a great for a snack or for a quick breakfast on the go!
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 Quest Cinnamon Roll Bars
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1. Place almond milk and quest bars in a microwave safe bowl
- 2. Microwave in 30 second intervals, string in-between, until quest bars have fully melted into almond milk
- 3. In a separate bowl, mix all other ingredients.
- 4. Once milk/quest bar mixture is ready, combine all ingredients in one bowl and mix well.
- 5. Roll into equal size balls
- 6. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- 7. Bake in oven or toaster oven for 20 minutes @ 350 degrees
- 8. Remove, let cool and enjoy!